JupyterHub is considered an interface to an HPC system for data analysis and other computation tasks. It is a powerful tool that serves single-user Jupyter notebooks for a large number of users under an HPC environment that can be useful in a teaching-learning context. Most of the users with basic knowledge of it may understand at a high level the basic functionalities but may not know all the features. They may also have used the tool before but without understanding the HPC machine behind it. The purpose of the course is to explain to the lecturers/tutors the features and functionalities that JupyterHub can offer to improve their lectures and optimize their workflow and collaboration with the students. The target group also includes researchers trying to provide a means for communication and demonstrating research results to colleagues via Jupyter in a collaborative context.
Title: JupyterHub on HPC
Speakers: Dr. Christoph Lehmann, Elias Werner
Next Session 13.07.2023, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Target Group: HPC Basics / HPC User
Format: Online Tutorial. The room link will be announced after registration.
Participation is free of charge.
Add this event to your calendar (iCal).
- Introduction to HPC machine and JupyterHub concepts.
- Overview of JupyterHub features, components, and properties (e.g useful features for collaborative working, etc)
- Basic structure and access to the HPC system
- Data management via Jupyter (e.g interaction via Jupyter, basic commands for CLI, etc)
- Collaborative working and teaching with Jupyter on HPC (e.g. quick start with spawn options via a link)
- Hands-on session: A Jupyter environment set up for collaborative working (e.g. for teaching)
- Conclusions, Q&A, and supplementary information.
The course material (slides) will be available.
Participants should have basic knowledge of HPC and JupyterHub.
Participants will be able to set up Jupyter environments using different features and functionalities for collaborative purposes as teaching.
Do you have any questions about the tutorial JupyterHub on HPC? Don’t hesitate to contact our team!
Check out the other trainings by ScaDS.AI Dresden/Leipzig.