On March 10th, our first General Assembly Meeting in Dresden in the year 2023 took place. At the General Assembly Meeting, all team members from TU Dresden, Leipzig University and other partner institutions got together to talk about achievements, goals and the current research projects of ScaDS.AI Dresden/Leipzig.
Program of the General Assembly Meeting in Dresden in March 2023
Following a warm welcome by our center’s directors Prof. Dr. Wolfgang E. Nagel and Prof. Dr. Erhard Rahm, a general overview on news from Dresden and Leipzig as well as the Transfer and Service Center was given by the administration directors Dr. René Jäkel and Dr. Eric Peukert.
Afterwards, our researchers held thematical presentations on the following topics:
- Machine Learning and Big Data Applications for Multimodal Communication Research (Dr. Peter Uhrig, TU Dresden)
- AI-based Coaching of Students (Dr.-Ing. Claudia Loitsch, TU Dresden)
- Modelling the Olfactory System Using Spiking Neural Networks with Synaptic Dynamics to Study Drifting in Electronic Noses (Ferney Beltran Velandia, Leipzig University)
- Low-power Machine Learning (Prof. Dr. Akash Kumar, TU Dresden)
- Retrainable Identification of Secondary Structure Conservation Sites in Full Genome Screens (Christopher Klapproth, Leipzig University
- Using DNA Language Models to Extract the Genetic Code for Stability (Dr. Anna Poetsch, TU Dresden)
- Incremental Knowledge Graph Construction: Vision and Benchmarking (Marvin Hofer, Leipzig University)
- Hyperspectral Imaging for Cancer Detection (Mariia Tkachenko, Leipzig University)
- Towards Resource Efficient Parallel Concept Drift Detection (Elias Werner, TU Dresden)
- Predicting Evolution with Large Language Models (Moritz Ertelt, Leipzig University)
- Partial Optimality in Cubic Correlation Clustering (Silvia Di Gregorio, TU Dresden)
In between the talks, three parallel breakout sessions were organized to connect our researchers on the topics of Responsible AI, Scalable Machine Learning and Knowledge Representation.
We would like to thank all speakers and participants for their contribution to the program and networking sessions. Furthermore, we thank the employees of Hotel Pullman Dresden Newa for hosting the first ScaDS.AI General Assembly Meeting in 2023.
Check out more news about ScaDS.AI Dresden/Leipzig at our Blog.