On September 5th 2022, ScaDS.AI Dresden/Leipzig celebrated its Kickoff for the new institutional funding at the Heinz Schönfeld Lecture Hall of the TU Dresden. Around 200 guests followed the invitation by our directors, Prof. Dr. Wolfgang E. Nagel and Prof. Dr. Erhard Rahm, to celebrate this milestone and find out more about our research program.
From 9 a.m. until 2:30 p.m., the participants got the chance to get to know more about the conducted research at ScaDS.AI Dresden/Leipzig by listening to highly interesting talks, taking part in our poster session and visiting our Living Lab. The agenda of the Kickoff included the following program items:
- Going Deep – Artificial Intelligence in Therapeutic Design (Prof. Dr. Jens Meiler, Alexander von Humboldt Professor and Director: Institute for Drug Discovery)
- Understanding and Modeling with Deep Neural Networks (Prof. Dr. Sayan Mukherjee, Universität Leipzig, Humboldt Chair for Artificial Intelligence)
- From AI Accelerator to AI Factory – Scaling AI at ZEISS (Dr. Lydia Nemec, ZEISS Digital Innovation / Carl Zeiss AG – Head of AI Accelerator)
- AI Cast in Silicon: Edge Computing and Neuromorphic Hardware (Christoph Kögler, Infineon Technologies Dresden GmbH & Co. KG – Director Innovation, Digitalization & AI)
- Question of Trust – Interdisciplinary Resesarch on Responsible AI (Prof. Dr. Birte Platow, TU Dresden, Institute of Protestant Theology)
- Architectures for AI: From Small to Big (Prof. Dr.-Ing. Diana Göhringer, TU Dresden, Chair of Adaptive Dynamic Systems)
Furthermore, our researchers prepared posters on all current research areas of our center. During the breaks, the participants were able to take part in the poster sessions and get into a discussion with the researchers of ScaDS.AI Dresden/Leipzig.
Opening of the Living Lab Dresden at the Kickoff
One of the main events at the ScaDS.AI Kickoff in 2022 was the opening of the Living Lab in Dresden. From now on, we happily welcome visitors of all age groups to visit our Living Lab and take part in our events on sight, such as the hands-on demonstrator series, Girls‘ Day, tryING and Lange Nacht der Wissenschaften. We are looking forward to offer you a place for experimenting, evolving, exploring and evaluating at the ScaDS.AI Living Lab in Dresden!
We thank the Bundesministerium für Bildung und Forschung (BMBF) and the Sächsisches Staatsministerium für Wissenschaft, Kultur und Tourismus (SMWK) for the institutional funding of ScaDS.AI Dresden/Leipzig. Furthermore, we thank all speakers, attendees and our team for a wonderful day.
More information regarding the institutional funding of ScaDS.AI Dresden/Leipzig since July 1st 2022 can be found in the joint press release by the german AI centers.