ScaDS.AI Dresden/Leipzig welcomes Dr.-Ing. Tanja Katharina Kaiser as the first Ada Lovelace Distinguished Research Fellow. During her 12-month Research Fellowship at TU Dresden, she will contribute her research in the field of (evolutionary) swarm robotics to the center and collaborate with our researchers in new projects.
Dr.-Ing. Tanja Katharina Kaiser
After studying computer science at DHBW Stuttgart and TU Berlin, Dr.-Ing. Kaiser completed her PhD on „The Predicting Swarm: Evolving Collective Behaviors for Robot Swarms by Minimizing Surprise“ at the University of Lübeck. Most recently, she was a postdoctoral researcher in the Cyber-Physical Systems group and an associate member of the Centre for the Advanced Study of Collective Behavior at the University of Konstanz. On April 1st 2023, Dr.-Ing. Kaiser started her work at ScaDS.AI Dresden/Leipzig as the first Ada Lovelace Distinguished Research Fellow. Her research interests include:
- swarm robotics and collective systems
- automatic synthesis of swarm robot controllers using evolutionary algorithms and task-independent rewards
- application of collective robot behavior in the real world
- 2023-2024 Ada Lovelace Distinguished Research Fellow, ScaDS.AI Dresden/Leipzig
- 2022-2023 Research Associate, University of Konstanz, AG Prof. Hamann
- 2022 Dr.-Ing. (summa cum laude), University of Lübeck, Doctoral supervisor: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heiko Hamann)
- 2017 M. Sc. Computer Science, TU Berlin, Focus: Intelligent Systems
- 2014 B. Sc. Computer Science, dual studies DHBW Stuttgart and Hewlett-Packard GmbH Munich
We are very happy to welcome Dr.-Ing. Tanja Katharina Kaiser at ScaDS.AI Dresden/Leipzig and are looking forward to her interesting contributions to our research. You can find out more about Dr.-Ing. Tanja Katharina Kaiser on her website. Furthermore, you can follow her on LinkedIn or Twitter.
Ada Lovelace Distinguished Research Fellow
Dedicated to the most advanced technologies for the benefit of society in tackling present and future challenges, ScaDS.AI Dresden/Leipzig is continuously committed to maximum equity and diversity of perspectives in its processes of human resources development and team building. Our Ada Lovelace Distinguished Research Fellowship is located in this context. Therefore, Dr.-Ing. Tanja Katharina Kaiser will be actively involved in various research and teaching activities, initiate dialogue with students and junior academics in AI and lead by way of a role model.
Check out more news about ScaDS.AI Dresden/Leipzig at our Blog.