The focus of the Excel vs Pandas training will be on teaching basic skills in using Python and the Pandas package on a continuous business data example, in comparison to the equivalent usage of Excel.
Title: Excel vs Pandas
Speakers: Dr. Thomas Burghardt
Next Session: 30.05.2023, 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Target Group: Anyone regularly working with Excel for data and an interest in learning about alternative analysis tools from the Python ecosystem.
Number of participants: 15
Format: Tutorial, hybrid
Registration is required. Participation is free of charge.
Add this event to your calendar (iCal).
- Introduction to Data Analysis (10%)
- Basic language elements of the Pandas package (Dictionary, Series, Dataframe, etc.) with Jupyter Notebook (Python tool for data processing), (30%).
- Data example Excel: selected research methods with Excel (descriptive statistics, matrix formula, pivot table) on the sales data of an example web store (10%)
- Data example Pandas: Equivalent data investigation shown with Excel now under usage with Python, Pandas and Jupyter Notebook (30%)
- Outlook on Pandas and selected methods for advanced users (10%)
- Summary and discussion (10%)
The following documents (slides, sample applications) will be provided to the participants:
- PDF of the slides
- CSV file with business data used for the analysis
- Jupyter Notebooks with tasks and solutions
- Basic knowledge of Python in version 3.x recommended but not mandatory
After the training, participants will not only know the theoretical and practical language concepts of Python and Pandas, but they will also be able to compare them with equivalent functions in Excel.
Do you have any questions about the tutorial Excel vs Pandas? Don’t hesitate to contact our team!
Check out the other trainings by ScaDS.AI Dresden/Leipzig.