The focus of the training will be on teaching basic skills in using the Pandas library on a continuous business data example.
Title: Data Analysis – Pandas vs. Excel
Next Session: New dates will be announced soon.
Target group: Python beginners with Pandas
Format: Tutorial, hybrid
- Introduction to Data Analysis (10%)
- Participants will work through the basic language elements of the Pandas library (Dictionary, Series, Dataframe, etc.) with Jupyter Notebook (Python tool for data processing), (share 30%).
- Data example Excel (share 10%): the trainer shows selected research methods with Excel (descriptive statistics, matrix formula, pivot table) on the sales data of an example web store
- Data example Pandas (share 30%): The participants work out practically the data investigation shown with Excel now under guidance with Python and Pandas functions with a Jupyter notebook.
- Outlook Pandas for advanced users, the trainer shows selected methods (share 10%)
- Summary and discussion (share 10%)
The following documents (slides, sample applications) will be provided to the participants:
- PDF for “Introduction Data Analysis”
- CSV file (business data)
- Jupyter notebook for working with Pandas
- Basic knowledge of Python 3.x (not mandatory)
- This is a beginner training! Previous knowledge is not mandatory!
After the training, participants will not only know the theoretical and practical language concepts of Python and Pandas selected by the trainees, but they will also be able to compare them with equivalent functions in Excel.
Check out the other trainings by ScaDS.AI Dresden/Leipzig.