Between July 9th and July 13th 2022, ScaDS.AI Dresden/Leipzig joined the Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO) in Boston, Massachusetts. From our location at TU Dresden, principal investigator (PI) Prof. Dr. Pascal Kerschke joined the conference with his group for Big Data Analytics in Transportation. Our team from the location at Leipzig University, lead by PI Prof. Dr. Martin Bogdan, presented its work in the area of Neuromorphic Information Processing.
At GECCO, PI Prof. Dr. Kerschke was one of the organizers of the workshop Good Benchmarking Practices for Evolutionary Computation, which took place on July 10th. Besides Prof. Dr. Kerschke, the organizers of the workshop included:
- Carola Doerr (CNRS and Sorbonne University, France)
- Tome Eftimov (Jožef Stefan Institute, Slovenia)
- Boris Naujoks (Cologne University of Applied Sciences, Germany)
- Mike Preuss (Leiden Institute of Advanced Computer Science)
- Vanessa Volz (modl.ai, Denmark)
Furthermore, our researchers have presented three publications at the conference:
- CoBEA: Framework for Evolving Hardware (11.-12.07.2022)
- Authors: Dr. Jörn Hoffmann, Clemens Fritzsch, Prof. Dr. Martin Bogdan
- MOLE: Digging Tunnels Through Multimodal Multi-Objective Landscapes (12.07.2022)
- Authors: Lennart Schäpermeier, Dr.-Ing. Christian Grimme, Prof. Dr. Pascal Kerschke
- A Collection of Deep Learning-based Feature-Free Approaches for Characterizing Single-Objective Continuous Fitness Landscapes (12.07.2022)
- Authors: Moritz Seiler, Raphael Prager, Prof. Dr. Pascal Kerschke, Prof. Dr. Heike Trautmann
Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO)
For more than 20 years, GECCO has been a platform to present the latest research results in genetic and evolutionary computation. The conference focusses on topics such as genetic algorithms and programming, evolutionary machine learning, complex systems, etc. This year, GECCO took place in hybrid with both offerings on site and online. Find out more about the conference on its‘ official website.
Check out more news about ScaDS.AI Dresden/Leipzig at our Blog.